Sunday, July 24, 2011

MOMA marathon...

 +++


“The strangeness will wear off and I think we
will discover the deeper meanings in modern art.”
+ Jackson POLLACK 


+++


WE just returned from a VERY quick trip to NEW YORK...
TRYING to do New York in TWO days was CRAZY...

Among "our" (not so much, JEREMY's)
priorities was MY favorite place on EARTH!

MOMA a.k.a. The MUSEUM of MODERN art! 

NOTHING gets me more EXCITED than
 entering into a
MECCA of ARTISTIC wonders!

WE had APPROXIMATELY TWO hours before we
were leaving NYC
and I insisted we take a QUICK gander inside!

HERE are a FEW of my most
FAVORITE art pieces from
our WILD and CRAZY MOMA marathon!

ENJOY!

+++



Bell-47D1 Helicopter

Arthur Young (American, 1905-1995)


SUSPENDED over the entry STAIRcase...

IF it was going to FALL... I would have
 been HONORED for it to fall on me!


+++



This GIANT airport departure SIGN cracked me up. 

HERE'S to air travel! 

 Check it out in MOTION here. 


+++



This POOL lounge has PALM SPRINGS written all over IT!


+++



TURNTABLE

David Gammon (British, 1933-2005)


+++



Le Corbusier LOUNGE from 1928!


+++



CHARLES and RAY EAMES chairs!!


+++



I LOVE Jasper John's Target PAINTINGS!

Target with Four Faces

Jasper Johns


+++



BEAUTIFUL OIL painting!

Flag

Jasper Johns (American, born 1930)


+++



LOOK close...These are PAINT BRUSHES!!!


+++



This was MIND blowing... ANDY Warhol is GENIUS!

Double Elvis

Andy Warhol (American, 1928-1987)


+++



This made me LAUGH...
so SIMPLE and creative!


+++




This PAINTING has a CIGAR sticking out of it! 

LOOK closely for JEREMY's REFLECTION!


+++


HAPPY Sunday Funday!


+++

Bye YA'LL!
Katie Nelson

+++


No comments:

Post a Comment